Long standing relationships with the brokerage community, that know our investment criteria, neighborhoods, and value add strategy, has allowed for Mehra Properties to focus in on underwriting undervalued properties in the markets that we believe are prime for growth.
Over the course of 40 years in this industry, Mehra Properties has developed a great reputation, and is on a short list of known buyers for “off market” deals.
In any given year, hundreds of properties are considered for purchase. Although most will ultimately be rejected, all are subjected to the same systematic due diligence process developed across many years and many transactions. It isn’t uncommon for properties to be followed for several years,
Prospective acquisition review covers a wide array of factors:
- Analysis of location is much more than an address. Transit access, demographics, and tenant mix is integral to understanding a location. We invest considerable time in keeping abreast of evolution and change in the many neighborhoods and micro-markets that make up the NYC Metropolitan area
- Analysis of comparable properties and their historical performance within target neighborhoods to determine value disparities that can lead to buying opportunities
- Evaluating the need for reserves for building and tenant improvements, based in significant part on an analysis of return on investment for capital expenditures for property enhancement, tenant improvement, property re-configuration and mechanical system repair and replacement
- Utilizing our expertise in tax depreciation and deferment to unlock hidden value in a deal
Investment Criteria- ASSET CLASSES - RETAIL CENTERS, INDUSTRIAL, OFFICE, MIXED USE RESIDENTIAL
- $2M - $30M ACQUISTION RANGE
- VALUE ADD
- REDEVELOPE OR REPURPOSE
- LONG TERM OWNERSHIP